Future of memory management in D

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Wed Nov 17 01:15:21 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 01:02:46 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> We already can.  I have many projects that call C libraries
> (not so much C++ because of incompatibilities between C++ and D
> templates), and it works fine.

The abstraction of C is too raw. D needs the ability to own the
whole standard library without GC, so as to survive under `low
hardware conditions`.
There are many C++ users, so you have to provide C++ binding.
Now, there are many `Rust` users, and they may have to be binded.
Their is mine. After all, the D user base is too small. You have
to bind with others.