Future of memory management in D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 05:51:48 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 02:08:22 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> One day, the realization will dawn on decision-makers that
> using such an outdated language in today's radically different
> environment from the 70's when C was designed, is a needless
> waste of resources. And then the inevitable will happen.

I don't accept your assertion that C is outdated.

Is assembly outdated?

C should be the closest to assembly you can get, and no closer.
That is the value proposition of C, in 'modern times'.

If your assertion was, instead, that there are problem domains
where something other than C should be considered, then I would
whole heartedly accept such an assertion. And in such domains, D
is certainly worth evaluating.