Future of memory management in D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:54:19 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 06:50:52 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Google and Linux kernel don't care about your opinion and have
> started introducing Rust into the Linux kernel.
>
> AUTOSAR for high integrity computing doesn't care about your
> opinion and now mandates C++14 as the language to use on
> AUTOSAR certified software, ISO 26262 road vehicle functional
> safety.
>
> Arduino folks don't care about your opinion and Arduino
> libraries are written in C++, they also have Rust and Ada
> collaborations.
>
> C was closer to PDP-11 Assembly, it is hardly closer to any
> modern CPU.

Well, clearly those examples demonstate that my opinion has some
merit ;-)

Also, many of C's so called problems, are really more library
problems. You can't even do i/o in C without a library.

also. you kinda left out alot.... like all the problem domains
where C is still the language of choice... even to this day.

I mean, even Go was originally written in C. It seems unlilkely
they could have written Go, in Go.