My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:08:43 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:50:44 UTC, Robert Schadek
wrote:

> The dmd codebase will have to compile the new codebase, and
> serve as a reference for the language.
> Nothing more. This is a rewrite!

Yep. I'd keep the DMD parser. (Just because I think writing
parsers is a pain in the butt.)
But the rest is going to be an informed rewrite to avoid mistakes
of the past.
(Which are reasonable since we didn't know what D would become
back then.)

As I said previously I am already working on a prototype.
I am going to announce it as soon as it can compile more than a
simple test.