Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 11:13:05 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 10:11:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> I dont think having many users that have no real interest in
> the language is an advantage at this point, to be honest. It
> makes changes more difficult.

I don't understand you, no-one will pick up D if they have no
prior interest. I have a lot of interest in using D because of
its expressivity, but won't use it in a commercial environment
for the reasons given. It's nothing to do with lack of interest.

>> I believe that Walter et al. don't think that the user base I
>> am talking about, corporate application developers, are their
>> target audience. They have some other 'system' developers in
>> mind.
>
> I feel the opposite, but I am happy if you are right.

It's very illuminating that the two of us, both long term readers
of the forums, have opposite opinions of what Walter thinks
regarding the direction he is 'heading' to. It says to me that
the direction has not been well communicated - which is perhaps
one of my main points.