Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 11:32:15 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 11:11:20 UTC, FeepingCreature
wrote:

> Yeah that makes sense. I think this is more an issue with
> General than the language though; the debate tends to be
> centered on controversial new features because that's what
> attracts attention. I think that's part of why the DLF has
> dedicated feedback talks with industry users, because otherwise
> it's very easy for that signal to get lost in the noise.

Well it's great that they are doing that, but ATM the number of
corporates using D and attending DLF meetings is tiny compared to
the number that could potentially use D but are holding back due
to perceived problems.

Going back to my original question at the top of the thread, do
you have an answer to my questions? Is the answer actually well
known but it has slipped me by? I think you're saying it's
already polished and done, and features tend to work well. So
what about the perennial issues, memory management, DLL support,
Android/iOS support? Shared? They keep coming up, do I have to
spend a few months digging in to D again to see if my experience
is now one of 'it just works' on Windows, Linux, Mac? Mobile?