Future of memory management in D

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:49:43 UTC 2021

On 11/18/21 8:25 AM, Tejas wrote:

> This is amazing :D

D is quite amazing, especially with some of these syntax sugar features ;)

> But, this has not been documented anywhere in the `std.complex` page, so
> I don't feel its fair to say that rumbu is making a straw man argument.

The strawman is from the D1 page, it compares its current implementation
to a fictitious complex number implementation (that didn't exist back
then), making it look as bad as possible.

I'm using the actual implementation of the library that now does exist.
Note that UFCS does not exist in D1 for anything other than arrays, so
in D1 that rewrite is not possible.

The `i` function is not in std.complex, which is a shame, I think it
should be. But I've never used complex numbers so I haven't cared.

-Steve