Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Nov 18 17:31:24 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 05:21:40PM +0000, Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 08:55:27 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
> > Is there a set of features that, when fully working, will mean that
> > D2 is now finished? Or will it forever be in a state of ongoing
> > feature development?
> >
> > We all know that properly finishing and polishing the last 10% of a
> > software project takes 90% of the time. Is there a timescale for
> > that?  What platforms will it support?

Even C has not stopped evolving. And C++.  Why should we stop now?  The
time when D stops evolving is the time it's dead.

> What is an example of a successful language that would stop feature
> development?
>
> If D would stop feature development, it wouldn't solve the "billion
> posts" problem of people not vested in D complaining loudly in the D
> forums.

I suspect these are just the vocal minority. The rest of the happy D
users are too busy actually writing code than debating on the forums.

Meat: euphemism for dead animal. -- Flora