Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Nov 18 17:46:52 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 17:31:24 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Even C has not stopped evolving. And C++.  Why should we stop
> now?  The time when D stops evolving is the time it's dead.

I am not convinced D has figured out how to evolve. More
honestly, I am convinced D is not capable of evolving, and will
in ten years look pretty close to what it is now. Whether that is
good or bad is up to each programmer to decide. Perl 5 (renamed
to Perl 7, but that was only for marketing purposes) is still
widely used and provides a solid platform after 27 years. The
innovative changes are now in the barely-used Raku.