Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:05:38 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 17:21:40 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 08:55:27 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
>> Is there a set of features that, when fully working, will mean
>> that D2 is now finished? Or will it forever be in a state of
>> ongoing feature development?
>>
>> We all know that properly finishing and polishing the last 10%
>> of a software project takes 90% of the time. Is there a
>> timescale for that? What platforms will it support?
>
> What is an example of a successful language that would stop
> feature development?

I specifically explained in a follow-up post, previous to yours,
that I'm not suggesting that new feature development be stopped.
I am simply and genuinely asking a simple question. Check my

> If D would stop feature development, it wouldn't solve the
> "billion posts" problem of people not vested in D complaining
> loudly in the D forums.

I'm not complaining, I'm explaining why I think that corporate
users are not using D. I'm hoping to help those people who *do*
care about why D remains relatively unknown and unused, and I'm
doing it politely. I don't feel the tiniest emotion about it, I
just want to give a POV that I think can help lift the number of
users.