Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Nov 18 18:20:18 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 06:03:07PM +0000, Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 17:59:06 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > I'm seriously hoping Andrei pulls off stdv2, because that's the only
> > way I see to move forward with Phobos.
>
> It's that or we fork the language and seize control then just start
> actually fixing things.

I have to say, the thought has crossed my mind a few times.  Only thing
is, this community is already so tiny, splitting it would probably mean
death to both resulting dialects.

Though on 2nd thoughts, forking *Phobos* could actually be viable...
Even put it up on dub as a Phobos alternative and let the two compete,
see which one survives.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell. "How come he didn't put 'I think' at the end of it?" -- Anonymous