My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 00:08:55 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 17:52:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Exactly what I said.  The day will come when the world realizes
> just how much of a liability an inherently-unsafe language is,
> and how much it's costing businesses, and the tables will turn.

unsafe really is subjective (and we can learn this fact from
observing how different countries, and different people dealt
with the pandemic). There is a tolerance for risk, always, up to
a point.

In anycase... C has, and will always have, value.

I like this statement below:

"..because we see everything with its real nature in C"
- quoted from:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/vfsxzwrieivwqipicgka@forum.dlang.org

Any langauge that tries to improve on C, no matter how worthwhile
the effort, is inherently deceptive.