My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 02:36:31 UTC 2021

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 00:38:15 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:

> I think that statement itself is deceptive. C is not all that
> close to how modern hardware actually operates.

I mean the abstraction of the C memory model...

i.e. " ..one or more contiguous sequences of bytes. Each byte in
memory has a unique address." This is still an appropriate
abstraction, even in modern times.

When working at a low-level, this is still, even today, an
appropriate and suitable abstraction, on which to build your
ideas.

No language can model 'actual hardware', and even if it could,
the human brain could never use such a language.