Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 05:02:07 UTC 2021

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 03:00:14 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> ..
>
> But what I'd push for is the steering group reform specifically
> as a condition to stop the fork. The other details can be
> worked out once we have that formed. The steering group must
> have binding authority - if they decide a change is going to
> happen, it gets merged in and no individual can overrule that.

A steering group needs members who are permanent, and members who
are rotated (on a fixed term). Otherwise it will lead to rot.

Getting a permanent seat on the steering group needs to be
something that is hard fought.

There is only one person I know of, that deserves that position,
at the moment (possibly two, but I'll stick with one for now).