Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 09:15:21 UTC 2021

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 08:41:05 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:

> That's true, of course. What I mean is, nail all those boring
> I-know-I-should-fix-those-small-to-medium-size-problems-but-I'm-not-sure-how and park, for now, the interesting DIPs etc. Finalise the feature set for an LTS version and really polish it to make it the best experience it can be for a developer, within the bounds of what is actually possible of course. Make it the focus of the community. Commit to supporting that release for bugs and security issues, on a nominated set of platforms, for a nominated period of time.

I recommend you watch Atila's upcoming DConf Online talk:

https://youtu.be/UqW42_8kn0s

That will cover part of what you're asking about. And I expect
that the revised governance proposal Mathias Lang is preparing to
put forward in the coming weeks will create the framework where
we'll be able to marshal and direct community resources
(volunteered and paid) toward specific tasks to enhance the
ecosystem. That includes the finalization/polishing of troubled
language features and any potential changes to the release
process.

See the following meeting summary for background:

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/fnzuguuewsvzswpwiwar@forum.dlang.org