Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:52:04 UTC 2021

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 11:24:15 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 18:05:38 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
>> I just want to give a POV that I think can help lift the
>> number of users.
>
> _Doing things with D_ help lift the number of users.
>
> Constant, harsh, unsubstantiated criticism on the main
> communication channel (these very forums) for D doesn't help
> getting more users. No language has an anti-themselves campaign
> going on for years on their main communication channels.
>
> Imagine you child is bullied at school. Would your idea of
> helping him is to _make public criticism of the many ways he
> would have to change in order to have friends_?
> No, this is just bullying, by people who enjoy doing just that.

Sorry but you've totally misunderstood me. I hate bullying and I
certainly don't feel as if I'm bullying anyone. Who am I
bullying? You can't bully a language so I guess you mean the
community. From time to time I explain why I'm not using D
myself, even though I'm attracted to it. I'm sorry if it hurts,
if I was wrong would it hurt as much? If I'm right, is it better
to carry on not knowing, so that you can feel good?

Say you have a store, way out of town. There is no parking there
for cars, so the few customers there have come by bicycle. I live
in town and know that thousands of people would like the store
and use it, if it had parking. Is it wrong of me to drive out to
the store, park up quickly on the road, pop in and say to the
owners, hey, if you had more parking then I think you'd get many
more customers? Is that bullying?

You're lumping me in with the drive-by attention seekers. I guess
that's understandable that from your POV I fit the pattern. I get
no pleasure from my comment but I do think it's a worthwhile
observation to be aware of. The internet is a poor medium for
seeing inside other people's heads, and you've definitely
msisunderstood what's in mine. At one time, years ago, I put
months of my spare time into writing a D wrapper for Qt, you can
search my comment history and check on GitHub.

Anyway I don't take it personally, sorry if I hurt you somehow.
You shouldn't take it personally either.