Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:05:17 UTC 2021

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 13:07:04 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 11:36:48 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 11:24:15 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
>> wrote:
>>> Imagine you child is bullied at school. Would your idea of
>>> helping him is to _make public criticism of the many ways he
>>> would have to change in order to have friends_?
>>> No, this is just bullying, by people who enjoy doing just
>>> that.
>>
>> We should collect criticism,
>> If you want to criticize, please see whether the opinion has
>> been put forward.
>
> Yeah, I wouldn't want the forums to be a place like "we do not
> tolerate dissent". It's just that unrelenting criticism that
> repeats the same things over and over again gets a little
> boring to read...

Part of the problem here, I think, is that people are more
strongly motivated to speak up about their opinions when there is
something they are unsatisfied with. So discussions like this
will be biased towards the things people don't like about D, even
if they are relatively happy with the language overall.