Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

workman workman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 15:44:50 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 20 November 2021 at 15:20:21 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:

> If Rust didn't suck for productivity I would use it. I look at
> someone doing X in Rust and it takes much longer for them to
> finish the task than me in D, C# or Scala for example.

Compare (https://github.com/trending/rust
https://github.com/trending/c%23
https://github.com/trending/scala) with
https://github.com/trending/d.

Rust is made into linux/window kernel,  Video compression,
Digital Coin, distribute Database/store, AI/Scientific Computing,
  UI/Browser Engine,  Web framework,  WASM,  Terminal tools/shell,
  Javascript/type script preprocessing tools, microVM and docker
replacement, TLS/SSL/Crypto.

Google/Microsoft/Amazon/Cloudflare/Dropbox/Uber/Netflix/LinkIn
has a lot product switch from C/C++ into RUST or GO, and used by
real custom.

And there is blooming small companies from China build they
product on GO/RUST, like PingCap TiDB and a lot others.

5 years ago there is more job for java/C#/PHP developer, today if
you know GO/Javascipt/Rust you will find a job more easely.

I dare to say GO vs D job opportunity is like 10000000 vs 1.