Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 00:40:23 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 11:48:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> ....Unfortunately the leaders of D view C++'s model as
> successful.

Yes, this certainly appears to be the case.

I personally believe, that this view is what will bring about D's
demise, sooner rather than later.

In the end, I see D (and I expect the outide world see's D), as
an experiment in language design. Usuable ..yes.
Interesting..yes. Leading edge features... yes.

But ultimately centered around the same mistakes that C++ made:

- trying to be compatible with C
- trying to replace C
- refusing to break things
- and in addition to all of the above, adding as much as possible.

Having said that, I kinda like D ;-)