My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Nov 23 22:21:51 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 23 November 2021 at 21:14:39 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> It would probably be a mistake for D to follow there given the
> focus on ```importC``` etc.

Not sure if I'm interpreting your answer correctly but there is
no contradiction between managed pointers and raw pointers when
it comes to interoperability. Nim can simply cast raw pointers
from a managed pointers and pass them to FFI. Higher level of
abstraction when in comes to memory management will not hurt FFI
at all. The same cautions with FFIs as we have today must of
course be taken.