WHAT IS DMD and how did it get on my Mac?

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:57:33 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 08:42:54 UTC, FeepingCreature
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 08:12:54 UTC, Lydia wrote:
>> I understand that DMD is an app you install on a Mac. I did
>> not install this on my computer.
>
> I have no idea what com.apple.dmd does, and I don't know if
> anyone else does either. I can't find anything on Google about
> it. ~Apple things~, presumably.
>
> The D forum comes up as a Google hit for Apple's DMD because
> Google is guessing that we're related to it. We aren't.

Update: From an oblique reference in the PDF of the slides for a
2017 WWDC talk, it seems the Apple dmd process is related to
their device enrollment program? (Guessing device management ...
daemon? driver? Compare mdmd for mobile device management.)

There seem to be some guides on Google to shut that off, but they
all read like things that will ruin your system if you miss a
step.