WHAT IS DMD and how did it get on my Mac?

Lydia bookclubatlantica at zoho.com
Wed Nov 24 09:15:05 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 08:36:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 08:12:54 UTC, Lydia wrote:
>> I just upgraded my iMac to Monterey hoping to escape a hacker.
>> BUT NOW...whenever I reboot my machine, one of the first things
>> that opens (accompanied by a Blacked out screen) is a process
>> called DMD and another one PKD.  Once these two are done
>> my actual screen and other apps (finally) begin to load.
>
> These are Apple services.
>
> https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Services
> https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/220918/pkd-process-on-el-capitan/220923
>
> I am not sure if it is advisable to shut them down.

Ola, thanks for responding.....BUT, although this app (dmd) runs
on
MacOS, it isn't indigenous.

I FOUND THIS:

About the App

App name: dmd
App Website: https//dlang.org

Install the App:

1. Press command + space and type TERMINAL and press enter/return
key.

2.Run in Terminal app:

ruby -e '$(curl -fsSL
https//raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install"
  2> /dev/null

...and press enter/return key. When prompted give password.

3. Run:

  brew install dmd

Done! You can now use dmd on your MacOs.