Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 21:41:10 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 17:14:56 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> ..
> I'd say lets not finish it and start on D3 instead.

No. D2 needs to first come to a design halt. It seems far from
that at the moment.

D3 is inevitable, of course. The only question is what design
decisions will 'force' that move to the next version of D?

I'd be more interested to hear in detail, about that aspect of
moving D forward, rather just the call to dump D2 and create a D3.

No fluffy 'vision'.. I wanna see the details.