DIP1000: Walter's proposal to resolve ambiguity of ref-return-scope parameters

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 21:07:50 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 25 November 2021 at 20:45:41 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#parameters needs to get
> __simpler__, not turn into a PhD thesis, which it is already
> well on the way to.

My proposal (as mentioned in the issue) is that `return` in any
other position than directly before `scope` refers to return-ref,
so only `return scope` results in return-scope. Also I think
`lazy` and `out` can go, though suggesting to remove a feature
tends to bring out people who like the feature and oppose the
removal.

What do you propose?