ImportC octal literals: difference between GCC and dmd

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Nov 28 00:08:16 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 23:11:38 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 21:37:06 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

>> That must have been something different. I added a comment on
>> the issue that this is a recent regression, introduced in
>> 2.082.1. It worked correctly before that release.
>
> Surely a test suite for this would have picked up such a
> regresssion.

It should, but on the other hand, I'm not sure how common it is
to add a leading zero to a decimal. The only reason it appeared
in this library was to make the formatting show up properly, but
they could have just as easily used spaces rather than prepending
a zero to some elements. (I fixed the problem by replacing all
offending zeroes with spaces.)