ImportC octal literals: difference between GCC and dmd

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 22:10:11 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 28 November 2021 at 22:03:10 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 11/27/21 8:23 PM, bachmeier wrote:
>

>> Now I'm confused, because AFAICT, that's the only place the
>> compiler will give you that error. Yet you get that error
>> message in D code:
>>
>> https://run.dlang.io/is/f2F2YD
>
> run.dlang.io is on 2.097.0, which does not have ImportC (always
> useful to use --version on run.dlang.io to see what version is
> running).
>
> The code that prints the same error for 2.097.0 is here:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/c436df7580be08481386e13da41c08e91f46b07f/src/dmd/lexer.d#L1990
>
> -Steve

It 'appears' that this commit (24th May 2021) caused this issue
(see link below). Presumably, only those versions after this
commit will be affected.

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/commit/790b1268128f10878f9b782fea8f2e14da203759#diff-6204b7c3e9bc498b31aac8499c84b946d9d1f5a90858dd7522630a8a31cf5938