Which language constructs could be done as a library if we accept some breaking changes?

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Mon Nov 29 12:47:35 UTC 2021

On Monday, 29 November 2021 at 11:34:41 UTC, bauss wrote:
> Pretty much anything can be solved in a library, except for
> things that requires AST/macros.

There is no way to implicitly convert from other types
(particularly built-in types) to a struct, and I think Walter is
opposed to introducing that. This means no null -> Slice or null
-> AA and other implicit conversions. So any library solution
would be more awkward to use compared to the current language
equivalents.