Which language constructs could be done as a library if we accept some breaking changes?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:12:05 UTC 2021

On Monday, 29 November 2021 at 11:34:41 UTC, bauss wrote:
> Pretty much anything can be solved in a library, except for
> things that requires AST/macros.

I think we can assume that the AST closely matches the core
language since we assume «D3». So I think we also can assume the
ability to at least construct AST trees programatically (maybe
also inspect, but I don't fully understand the implications in
relation to ```static if``` etc).

This would allow for more elegant and less error-prone creation
of facades and interfacing-types (e.g. automatic construction of
intelligent smart pointers, APIs for transport over network etc.)