Which language constructs could be done as a library if we accept some breaking changes?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:29:11 UTC 2021

On Monday, 29 November 2021 at 13:11:12 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> If there must be a special path then it's already a failed
> library solution, not to say a lie. You make think to the user
> that classes is a library thing but it's not.

No lies. Compiler optimizations that focus on standard library
constructs are not uncommon and makes a lot of sense: these
constructs occur frequently.

It is still a library solution. Change the library
implementation, it will still work, but the optimizer may not
recognize it.

Nothing unusual about this.