DUB: json or sdl?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Mon Oct 4 06:08:19 UTC 2021

On Monday, 27 September 2021 at 17:52:03 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Monday, 27 September 2021 at 00:30:52 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>> On 9/26/21 7:58 PM, Mathias LANG wrote:
>>
>>> Well, that's not true... I would prefer to use yet another
>>> markup language (YAML) over JSON, because it's
>>> well-established, supports comments, and is a superset of
>>> JSON.
>>
>> YAML stands for "YAML Ain't Markup Language". Yeah, I was
>> surprised too.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> I thought it stood for "Yet Another Markup Language"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML#History_and_name

```
Originally YAML was said to mean Yet Another Markup Language,
because it was released in an era that saw a proliferation of
markup languages for presentation and connectivity (HTML, XML,
SGML, etc). Its initial name was intended as a tongue-in-cheek
reference to the technology landscape, referencing its purpose as
a markup language with the yet another construct, but it was then
repurposed as YAML Ain't Markup Language, a recursive acronym, to
distinguish its purpose as data-oriented, rather than document
markup.
```