[OT] What are D's values?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 00:11:09 UTC 2021

On 10/4/21 4:16 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:

 > a number of my personal projects started out as throwaway
 > single-file, script-like hacks, but eventually developed into
 > full-fledged multi-module, multi-package programs.

That comes up often. (Fresh case: One of my colleagues who had to adopt
D programs I had written, tells me he is finding it very easy to morph
the code.)

Perhaps we should sell D's "morphability", likely with a better
marketing name.

 > Man, I love D.

You said it right after talking about being able to morph D code. :) I
have the same feeling: I secretly wish my colleagues will come up with
new requirements so that I will write more fun D code.

An anecdote from a past project: A hardware colleague of mine once asked
"How come when I ask HW engineers to improve the HW design, they go
right ahead and start implementing it but SW people always whine and
want to keep the SW design as is?" (The programming languages were C and
C++ at that time.)

Ali