My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Fri Oct 8 16:25:47 UTC 2021

On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 15:45:10 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/vnkgayrbnokeufduuuba@forum.dlang.org
>
> On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
>> First of all, please do not repost this on Reddit or any other
>> forum. This is focused for the D community alone to help deal
>> with internal issues and it does not need to be ridiculed as
>> this is a personal opinion.
>>
>> [...]
>
> General question: how much of this is still true?

state of the language compared to back then:

- there is a good requests library now
- there is hunt framework as high performance HTTP client, but
there aren't really a lot of resources on how to get started on
it / userbase is small in general
- regressions have gotten a lot better
- code.dlang.org is much more stable, doesn't really crash a lot
anymore
- grpc has dub packages (thanks to symmetry)
- imap has dub packages (thanks to symmetry)
- PDF libraries have been published, you can use C libs too
- awesome-d has been migrated to dlang-community, has been
improved a lot
- windows support has improved a lot
- I would say VSC plugins work fine out of the box by now

It feels to me like the target audience is still as blurry as
back then. Several of the issues there still persist.