Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:41:45 UTC 2021

> * Worst features implemented in a non-toy language

* Embedding js in an html document.

* adding objects to an existing language

> * Worst features (in your opinion) in D

* nontrivial namespace collisions when importing std

* int promotion

* verbose enums

* contracts and all the cute ideas expanding a template header to
affect the matching

* sword of damocles of safe by default or who knows what koolaid
being enabled one day

> * Features you'd like to see in D

* base types having fake opoverloads ( 2.opCmp(3) == 1)

* universal function call syntax being universal (let me define a
function in the same scope that I ufcs it)

* a nice overload for _____TrAiTs(compiles,mixin("foo.bar"))