Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

apz28 home at home.com
Mon Oct 11 21:43:43 UTC 2021

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 15:59:10 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I'm brainstorming about what I'll talk about at DConf, and
> during a conversation with Walter I thought it might be cool to
> talk about:
>
> * Worst features (in your opinion) in D

Attribute soup
1. inconsistent - some with leading '@' & some without
all attributes should start with @. This will help to reduce
number of key/reserved words

2. need re-declare attributes for aggregated types (struct/class)
even if it is already declared on module level

3. All attributes should be non-negative word and introduce
negation
Ex:  @gc:
@nogc become @!gc

Simple example
module x;

@!gc @!throw:

void funcionDoNotThrow() {}

// Reverse the above module attribute setting
void functionThrow() @throw {}