std.conv.to!string(float) Is too heavy

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Oct 12 14:55:36 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 14:47:21 UTC, Hipreme wrote:

> Using std.conv greatly degrades a modularized workflow, by
> increasing a lot of build time and binary size. I needed
> implementing my own to! function to get a much better build
> time for my program.

I've seen similar effects, not only with std.conv but with other
modules as well. You just use a small part of one module but the
compiler imports a lot of code.

It would be very interesting to know what happens underneath and
how we can reduce the code bloat.

We should investigate what happens and we can use your example as
case study.