Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

russhy russhy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 13:21:25 UTC 2021

On Friday, 15 October 2021 at 11:57:28 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Friday, 15 October 2021 at 10:58:14 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> I think that's his problem. D doesn't have a specific
>> philosophy about memory management.
>
> This is fine. But here is the deal: that means D cannot have a
> philosophy on safety. Or have closure allocated on the GC by
> default. Or a gazilion other things.
>
> It's the same problem, just in another dimension: a decision is
> made, ut then consequences are not accepted.

using allocators aware APIs solves all of this, look at zig!

it is a problem already solved, use allocators and don't assume
one is using GC or other means

--

on the nullable thingy, i agree 100%, we now got 2 way for
``null``

- ``null`` keyword

- ``isNull`` method

nice! in the std! it's standard now!..