run.dlang.io "all versions" has become useless

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 14:15:09 UTC 2021

Write a pretty trivial program to test if maybe a regression happened on
run.dlang.io, and it now always has a server error.

I believe the error is from a timeout because we have so many versions
of the compiler in the list.

A couple ways to fix this:

1. Start incrementing the oldest version. Not ideal, but at least better
than not working. Probably the easiest fix.
2. Most likely it got through most of the versions. So you can cache the
partial result, and continue it on a subsequent run (it already caches
completed results).
3. Change the dropdown to range the "previous versions" when they start
timing out, i.e. instead of 2.060 - latest, you have 2.060 - 2.065, and
2.066 - latest as a separate option.

I use this facility all the time to see if something is a regression or
not, and it's no longer working. This is a wonderful mechanism that I
definitely miss.

-Steve