"I told you so": noreturn sucks a leech and has virtually no utility

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Oct 15 23:50:17 UTC 2021

After skimming the DIP, I must apologize for being hasty.

By just looking at the bugs posted and the Phobos changes, it seemed to
me (wrongly, fortunately) that noreturn has had an incomplete definition
and was sprawling as corner cases were discovered. Whereas there may be
valid concerns with regard to its usefulness, at the very minimum any
critique would need to debate the definition laid down in the DIP with
laudable care.