Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 10:15:48 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 16 October 2021 at 04:03:29 UTC, russhy wrote:
> What is your plan to make GC incremental? what about latency
> sensitive applications?

I asserted to write an elaborated answered and then decided to
scrap it. Your answer misses the point to a degree that
qualifying it of an answer is a stretch to begin with.

Long story short: none of the shit is needed if one can free
explicitely, and collection cycle only are required when you
leak, so really not a problem for anyone who don't leak.

You'll get the same performance profile as malloc/free. End of
story.

> D's history is C/C++, why stray away from that history?

Because we already have C and C++.