Nim Nuggets: Nim talk at Strange Loop 2021

Deech aditya.siram at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 16:50:39 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 17 October 2021 at 04:17:38 UTC, jfondren wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VRuZo2pdA
>
> About 50% of it is inadvertent praise for D. The rest is ARC
> and C++ interop.

Speaker here, thanks for watching and for your thoughts. In
retrospect I should have mentioned D (and Zig as well), my reason
for not doing so was (1) to keep it focused on Nim since that was
the subject of the talk and (2) I don't know enough about D to
field questions about how they differ and when you might want to
choose one over the other so I wanted to avoid that situation.

For what it's worth I did a [broader talk on static
introspection](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElHi2h9Ho6M) which
does feature D as well so you might be interested in checking
that out.