Why is Phobos' isIntegral different from the built-in trait of the very same name?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 17 19:27:51 UTC 2021

> Note that this is an import from the old subversion repository, so attribution
> and PRs/etc. doesn't exist. You can keep looking on dsource.org if you want to
> find the original commit, but I'm almost positive it was Walter.
>
> I think the original didn't include bool/[w|d]char either by carelessness or a
> belief that these things really shouldn't be integers (a great irony considering
> the contemporary pushback from Walter against splitting bool out from the
> integral family).

I doubt I would have done one that was so different from the core language's
view of an integral type, though of course I can't prove it.

Keep in mind that D1's library largely consisted of work done by people other
than me, and a lot was done without a lot of review by me.

You're right that it's far too late to fix this. Hence the purpose behind a
Phobos v2.