A potentially interesting project

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 02:18:36 UTC 2021

Was recently pondering if it were possible to auto-generate a
client for the AWS API.

I decided to see how the official SDKs were made, and found out
that Amazon created a tool called Smithy:
https://github.com/awslabs/smithy

They've written their more recent SDKs via code generation in
Smithy, see for example:

The base Go generator: https://github.com/aws/smithy-go

The generation specifically for the Go SDK:
https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-go-v2/tree/main/codegen

This is too much effort for me to personally bother with (plus I
barely know Java), but I thought it might take someone else's
interest, especially since I struggled to find any hint of this
being a thing in the first place.