Accessing static data of functions

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:36:24 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 19 October 2021 at 11:12:12 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:

> The OP has a well-motivated use case. I don't understand at all
> why you are being this dismissive. The inability to serialize
> static variables scoped inside functions is clearly an
> arbitrary limitation that should be lifted.

Sorry that I came off that way. I'm not opposed to the feature at
all. If someone wants to implement it, I expect it can get by
without a DIP. An enhancement request in Bugzilla should suffice.

I was responding to the OP's concern about users of the library.
Based on my experience, I just can't imagine it ever being an
issue. Of course, I may well be wrong.