SAOC LLDB D integration: 5th Weekly Update

Luís Ferreira contact at lsferreira.net
Fri Oct 22 00:05:41 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-10-21 at 20:50 +0000, deadalnix via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 October 2021 at 08:46:12 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> > On Thursday, 21 October 2021 at 01:48:32 UTC, Luís Ferreira
> > wrote:
> > > Hi D community!
> > >
> > > [...]
> >
> > I love it! Are you planning to do more D related stuff after
> > SAoC too?
> >
> > When I made my LLDB pretty printer plugin I implemented the
> > array and string types, which will probably become obsolete
> > once your suggested DWARF changes are in the compilers.
> > Additionally if you are planning to support D as an LLDB
> > plugin, I think the Phobos types would be a great addition in
> > the future (JSONValue, Variant, sumtype, DateTime, SysTime,
> > Duration, Appender...) and especially if it's somehow possible
> > to detect ranges and evaluate them.
>
> What are the planned DWARF changes?

You can briefly check them on the document I mentioned. Most of the
things I'm going to try to implement on the DMD, which is things
implemented by either GDC or LDC.

The other things are just possibilities. We need to study them to see
what is the best fit. I'm specifically talking about the arrays and
strings. DWARF has a type for arrays and strings. I describe that on
the post as well.

--
Sincerely,
Luís Ferreira @ lsferreira.net