Some (probably inaccurate) stats about Dub packages

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:29:09 UTC 2021

On Friday, 22 October 2021 at 11:47:09 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> If you, the person reading this, are motivated in pushing
> through a search improvement in DUB, you can check that PR for
> hints where to start, but you should really create a new PR
> instead and let MongoDB do the work or introduce some other
> indexed search framework.

Meilisearch has acceptable results, and attempts to fix typos as
well. Seems lightweight as well.

I kind of liked the results postgres was giving me as well, but I
doubt it does anything about typos. And you have to be a bit
specific. And of course dub doesn't use postgres >x3

I wanted to add Elasticsearch/Opensearch into the test as well,
but couldn't be bothered since it seemed redundant.

In other words, if anyone's gonna do this, a dedicated search
engine would likely be the way forward?