Why are you using D instead of Rust?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 04:39:14 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 04:25:21 UTC, Dr Machine Code
wrote:
> Just would like to know you all opinions

I was using D long before Rust came along. It reeled me in from
Java and C and I never looked back. It’s the only language I’ve
used that I can honestly describe as fun. I have no reason to
move to use Rust or any other language. I’m quite happy where I
am.

And even if I were looking for something different, I don’t think
Rust would be it. This may be superficial, but I just despise the
syntax. That alone would be enough to keep me from even trying it
without someone seriously persuading me otherwise.