Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

Ola Fosheim Grøsta ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:18:23 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 09:04:16 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> I imagine && and || stem from & and |. You could probably have
> something like "and" and "band", "or" and "bor" but to me that
> doesn't seem as comfortable.

That was why C used it, but it leads to uneccessary problems with
typos, too many meanings for the symbols and overall less legible
code.

In terms of modelling, "&&" is used for reasoning about control
flow and "&" is used for low level trickery. There is no usabilty
advantage in mixing those levels visually. Also, the semantics
are different as "&&" shortcuts, a point newbies tend to
overlook...