If you could make any changes to D, what would they look lik

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 22:33:51 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 20:04:05 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 19:47:10 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Maybe it's programmers who [can't touch-type][1] who rely
> heavily on tooling support? I know if I had to hunt-and-peck
> every letter of an identifier like `formattedWrite`, I'd be a
> lot more motivated to use code completion everywhere I could.

FWIW, I think it has less todo with being capable than being
competitive. It is a lot easier to learn a new language or
framework with high quality completion and precanned suggestions.
This is becoming the standard for mature tooling, so it is only
natural that more people will make it a prerequisite.