OT: languages and github activity

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 21:38:32 UTC 2021

On Monday, 25 October 2021 at 21:31:34 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Might be true. Just write what you're used to and already know.
> Just a bit unreasonably high still imo, but that might be the
> answer

Yes, since we are talking new code then it is high. I would have
expected relatively high maintenance levels of old repos and
fewer new ones.

If we look at some of the repos then some describe themselves as
being targeting "modern Fortran". So it might be that some of
those repos are recreating features of existing libraries in a
less archaic formulation.