Thoughts on versioning

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 06:07:22 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 01:19:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

I know this is basically a DOA suggestion, but what are your
thoughts on embracing a package manager for the std?

For example, in C#-land any "additional" packages made by
Microsoft are handled via the NuGet package manager, and are
tagged in a way that aligns to the current version of .Net.

e.g. For .Net Core 3.1 the tag is v3.1.x, for 3.2 it's v3.2.x,
etc.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Extensions.Logging/

I'm not savvy enough to be able to state pros and cons though, so
I leave that to others >;3